Pharmaceutical Grade Active S,S Isomer
Natural and Gentle Plant derived enteric coating
200MG or 400MG – 60 Tablets
Healthy Liver & Detoxification
Can Help in as little as 1-2 weeks when taken daily.
Daily Recommended Dosage: Take 1-2 tablets per day, or as recommended by your certified health care provider. If your SAMe levels are deficient and to determine the proper dose that works for you, use an initial loading phase of 1200mg-1600mg (3-5 tablets) daily (maximum 1600mg/day) for up to two weeks then reduce daily intake to 400mg-800mg (1-2 tablets), until benefits are achieved.
Samesyl™ supports the replenishment of S-Adenosylmethionine levels and balances the interactions of your immune system, maintains cell membranes, and helps produce and break down brain chemicals, such as serotonin, melatonin, and dopamine. S-Adenosylmethionine (SAMe) is a naturally occurring compound that is found in almost every tissue and fluid in the body.*
Typical osteoarthritis treatments such as aspirin, steroids, COX-2 inhibitors and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAIDs) drugs address only pain symptoms. While these medications effectively ease pain, they do not reverse the joint cartilage damage resulting in pain and discomfort.
Samesyl™ SAMe has shown to be 80% more effective in supporting the pain associated with osteoarthritis when compared with placebo while directly supporting the root cause of the pain-cartilage breakdown. Equally important Samesyl™ SAMe does not cause side-effects typically associated with NSAID drugs, in fact SAMe is metabolized in the liver becoming a super antioxidant and helping to combat cellular and DNA damage while also detoxifying the body of harmful free radicals. The amount of SAMe that the body produces can be affected by age and diet. This is one reason why SAMe supplement may be helpful in replenishing the necessary supply your body needs to help maintain or restore healthy joint mobility.*
Samesyl™ is formulated with Pharmaceutical Grade S-Adenosylmethionine. SAM-e is made naturally by microbiological fermentation and then specially processed in a ultra-low moisture and temperature controlled clean-room to preserve 68-80% (S,S) SAMe, the highest active level available. Samesyl™ natural plant based enteric coating is formulated to pH release in the small intestine for maximum bioavailability and absorption.*
Samesyl™ is the only SAMe with a Natural Plant based coating. No plastic co-polymer coating material- only pure Pharmaceutical Grade SAMe and Natural Gentle Plant derived enteric coating materials.*
Serving Size: 1 Tablet
Servings Per container: 60
|Amount per Tablet||
% Daily Value*
|SAMe (S-Adenosylmethionine) (from 800mg of S-Adenosylmethionine Disulfate Tosylate)||
|SAMe (S-Adenosylmethionine) (from 400mg of S-Adenosylmethionine Disulfate Tosylate)||
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000-calorie diet.
† Daily Value not established.
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Crospovidone, Colloidal Silicon Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate
Enteric Coating: Ethylcellulose (Plant Source), Medium Chain Triglycerides (Vegetable Source), Oleic Acid (Vegetable Source), Hypromellose, Talc, Hydroxypropl Cellulose, Sodium Alginate (Plant Source), Purified Stearic Acid.
Allergenic Ingredients: No sugar, no starch, no artificial flavors, no preservatives, sodium free, no wheat, no gluten, no corn, no soy, no dairy, yeast free, no lactose, no artificial colorant, no plasticizer.
Distributed by: Gstaad Nutraceuticals, LLC, Gstaad, Switzerland
Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place.
Aluminum-Aluminum tamper resistance blister card. Samesyl SAMe tablets should be kept in the blister card until you take them. Do not take tablet, if the blister card compartment for that tablet has been tampered or compromised.
WARNING: Please consult your certified and knowledgeable healthcare practitioner before taking any dietary supplement. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use if blister card is compromised.
- SAMe supports the production of healthy connective tissue through transulfuration.* In this process, critical components of connective tissue, known as glycosaminoglycans (GAGs), including glucosamine and chondroitin, are sulfated by SAMe metabolites to yield sulfated GAGs, such as glucosamine sulfate and chondroitin sulfate.
- “In a dozen clinical trials involving more than 22,000 patients, researchers have found SAMe as effective as pharmaceutical treatments for pain and inflammation. But unlike the NSAIDs, SAMe shows no sign of damaging the digestive tract. And instead of speeding the breakdown of cartilage, SAMe may help restore it. You’ll recall that after giving up its methyl group, SAMe absorbed(Liver) to form glutathione (the antioxidant) or remethylated to form methionine (the precursor to SAMe). As luck would have it, the reactions that produce glutathione also yield molecules called sulfate groups, which help generate those joint-sparing proteoglycans.” -Newsweek Magazine.
- The Arthritis Foundation, a mainstream advocacy group, recently said its medical experts were satisfied that SAMe “provides pain relief” but not that it “contributes to joint health.” The evidence that SAMe can repair cartilage is admittedly preliminary, but it’s intriguing. When German researchers gave 21 patients either SAMe or a placebo for three months, using MRI scans to monitor the cartilage in their hands, the SAMe recipients showed measurable improvements. -Newsweek Magazine.
- A two-year study of 20,641 patients conducted in Germany after SAMe was approved for treatment of osteoarthritis (Berger and Nowak, 1987). “The investigators found that 80% of patients said they basically felt great on it and had no side effects, [while the other] 20% complained of mild side effects in the first month on high doses like 1200 mg/day to 1600 mg/day,” – Columbia University psychiatrist Richard Brown.
- Studies show very few side effects, and SAMe does not cause the sexual dysfunction or weight gain associated with other medications. – Columbia University psychiatrist Richard Brown.